Workshop with Denise
If you’re new to creative art-making—or maybe you feel rusty—this introductory workshop will give you a great foundation and inspiration to move forward with the many forms of mixed media art-making. Working in art journals, a particularly potent space for mixed media as you'll discover, we cover mixed media fundamentals and art journaling basics in this hands-on workshop:
- How to build collage, how to apply acrylic paint (at least seven different ways without even using a brush),
- How to incorporate other fun mediums, some you may have never heard of, and
- Strategies for risk-free/no judgement self-expression (hint: you don't have to create for anyone else but yourself in your art journal!)
You will also learn:
- How to use Gesso, Matte Medium and other acrylic mediums,
- How to create a simple background and focal image,
- How to build layers without creating “mud”,
- How to make almost anything an art tool,
- and more.
Leave this class with a foundation of knowledge and skills to continue exploring creative art making in other classes and on your own.